I have been managing property for clients both from Ireland and overseas for the last 23 years so I feel I have gained a lot of experience in this field which can be daunting at the best of times for a landlord. I basically act as the landlord whilst managing the properties.
My duties would include the following:
- appraise the property and give the client general advise in order to get the house ready for rent
- advertise the property on daft and my site
- it is essential to get both current and previous landlord references and of course current work references.
- select a suitable tenant
- collect the deposit and month in advance
- draw up a lease
- take meter readings.
- register with the prtb unless the clients wants to do this
- the rent is lodged into my bank account monthly hence i keep an eye on it.
- my commission is taken out of the rent monthly along with any expenses i.e: if the washing machine breaks down etc. i have a team on call to deal with any issues, the landlord will of course be advised before any works are carried out unless it’s an emergency
- if there is a problem with the tenant i will endeavour to help sort it out.
if you don’t want me to manage the property I will just organise a tenant and do all the above except collect the rent, fix whatever needs fixing and deal with any grievances.